Year 9 students are now able to opt to study Music Technology as part of the options offered to them in the Design and Technology Department.
(Year 9 students are able to specialise in 2 out of a possible 5 options, as opposed to following the full rotation of all the DT disciplines as in Years 7 & 8, Music Technology is now also one of these options).
If students opt to study Music Technology in Year 9, they will have their lessons in a newly refurbished Music Technology room in the Music Department. In these lessons they will cover how to:
- Set up and operate audio/MIDI sequencing software
- Use MIDI to realise a pre-existing musical track
- Record audio into the sequencing software
- Use MIDI and Audio to compose, create and record a track
We hope that students maybe offered the opportunity to complete an NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology the following year by completing an extra 2 modules on:
- Dance Music Production
- Sound effects for a music or sound production
NB. Music Technology now provides many job opportunities and is offered as an A-Level at local Sixth-Form Colleges.